Binge Eating Disorder might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about mental health problems, but it is a surprisingly common condition that affects many Australians and their families.
What Is Binge Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders are characterised by abnormal patterns of eating, diet, and exercise. The main symptom of Binge Eating Disorder is frequently eating excessive amounts of food, usually in a short period.
What Are the Symptoms?
- Eating until you feel sick or continuing to eat long after you feel full.
- Hiding your consumption of food from others, out of shame or fear of judgement.
- Feeling ‘out of control’ when you eat.
- Experiencing feelings of depression, shame, and guilt after eating.
- Repeated attempts at dieting, followed by periods of binge eating.
Confidential, Compassionate Counselling at Life Resolutions
Those who experience eating disorders may not know where to turn for help. Mary Magalotti and the Life Resolutions team want you to know that support is available, and it is possible to recover, heal, and return to wellness.